Monday, September 12, 2011

September 11, 2011


This dinner technically lasted until the next day, and ended up with a hot tub full of women, but I have no evidence of that for everyone's benefit.

Where were you 10 years ago today?
I was torn from sleeping in by my then-boyfriend's phone call to tell me to turn on the tv.  I watched in horror/disbelief, and went to class like normal, almost in a daze.  I walked into my Ocean Engineering class and the greek professor insisted on continuing class "lest the terrorists would win" if they deterred us from our normal schedule.  Such a strange and sad day.

2 comments:

  1. I was....in that same Ocean Engineering class. I saw the video while working out in the gym and had goosebumps for the entire 40 minutes of my workout.

    After class, I went to work at the structural engineering lab like 'normal'. How was I to know it would change things so much? Pretty clueless for a 21 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I had completely forgotten about Ocean Engineering...yes I remember you, Gem and I all sitting in there together in a daze.

    ReplyDelete